Sunday, March 16, 2014

Beauty Essentials: Spring Break Travel Edition


Mid-March is a celebratory time for college basketball, St. Patrick's Day, and for most students the long-awaited vacation from school work known as Spring Break. I decided to share five of my travel beauty essentials that are both airplane and budget friendly.

1. Sunscreen


This may seem like a no-brainer, but this isn't just any old sunscreen. This is specially formulated to protect your face from the sun and from breaking out. While it's difficult to travel with aerosol cans, this packaging allows it to fit in a TSA-approved ziploc bag. The formula is light-weight and doesn't leave you with that god awful and overwhelming "I just put on sunscreen" scent.

2. Makeup remover wipes


Traveling with face wash, toner, moisturizer and makeup remover can be a bit excessive. I decided to purchase these Olay Fresh Effects deluxe wipes to get the job done. They are perfect for refreshing your skin from a day in the sun and won't dry out your skin.

3. Waterproof mascara

While I am not the biggest fan of covering your skin in makeup on vacation, obviously a little makeup for a night out is fine. I recommend packing a cheap waterproof mascara with a long-lasting formula that won't smudge in humid climates.

4. Heavy-duty concealer

If you're going out with friends on Spring Break, chances are you will be out late at night and your sleep will consist of naps by the pool. An under-eye concealer with high coverage will hide under-eye bags and brighten your imperfections.  My dark circles are genetic (thanks, Mom) so I've sworn by this affordable Maybelline Age-Rewind concealer

5. Travel-size perfume

Let's be real for a second. Bars are smelly. Sweaty people are smelly. Aside from deodorant - which I didn't put on this list because I hope you all wear it already - a little extra boost of your favorite perfume is easy to slip into your purse or carry on. This is the Taylor Swift Enchanted perfume that I picked up for only $5 at Marshalls.

Happy traveling!

All photos and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I think these are also going to be some of my summer travel edition items, thanks to you! Especially the heavy-duty concealer for that first day off the beach when my face is the color of a lobster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great travel tips! That sunscreen looks great! Sunscreen is so oily and gross, some anti-breakout medicine in there is a great idea. Summer is right around the corner! I'll definitely add these to my travel plans!

    ReplyDelete